SENIORS - Please complete your Senior Survey by May 14th !! Senior Survey 2020 pdf
Dear Parents/Guardians and of Beyer’s graduating seniors;
While we wait for the social distancing health guidelines to be modified or lifted so we can try to have in-person graduation ceremonies this summer, we are excited to announce that we will be holding a virtual ceremony on Friday, May 29th at 6:30 PM. This is the original graduation ceremony date and time that was planned earlier this year.
**NOTE: A virtual graduation DOES NOT mean we won’t have an in-person graduation later this summer. If social distancing restrictions are lifted within the next couple of months in order to safely allow for hundreds of people to attend an event, we will do everything possible to give you the experience of an in-person graduation ceremony.
What does a virtual graduation look like?
- Students will have the opportunity to submit 8-to-10 second video clips (similar to TikTok) to make their personal mark on the ceremony. The videos must be appropriate with no foul language or inappropriate gestures.
- Students will be receiving an email and text message from Rt productions/GradPro regarding directions for uploading their student videos into the Beyer graduation ceremony portal. In the event you are not contacted within the next week, please call Tami Rubalcava @ 574-1649.
- The virtual graduation will include traditional processionals, speeches, performances, calling of student names, virtual walking of the stage, and the best part of all…the recessional afterwards when it’s time to celebrate!
- We want our students to enjoy this process and be creative. The video will be available to everyone after the ceremony as a downloadable file to keep forever.
- Within the next couple of weeks, we will be providing detailed ceremony information and instructions on how to access the virtual event. Please check your mail and email inbox for more information!
- We will have a cap, gown, and diploma cover distribution event on May 12th. More announcements regarding times will be coming in phone dialers and social media. This way, your family can still have the opportunity to take photos of your proud scholar.
- Your student’s senior picture in the yearbook will be used on a slide when their name is called during the ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed home at a later date.
We look forward to honoring students’ hard work and accomplishments in this exciting new and creative way!
Check our school website at https://beyer.monet.k12.ca.us/, Beyer Facebook page (Fred C. Beyer High School), and Beyer’s Instagram page (@beyerupdate), and Twitter (@beyerupdate) pages for updates and photos highlighting Beyer’s graduating students.
Again, we are looking forward to hosting our virtual ceremony while we wait to see if the social distancing guidelines are modified or lifted. We realize this doesn’t replace a traditional ceremony, and if we are able to, we will do our best to hold in-person ceremonies later this summer.
Sincerely, Dan Park